Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Tuesday, July 19

MONTREAL BOUND AND DOWN

So I'm headed East with the Swordfish this weekend as we attempt to win some hardware at the Montreal International Dragon Boat Festival, and what a time it will be! Actually, I don't even know that because I'm still trying to infiltrate this new posse a relative team freshman and have never actually raced in Montreal before - so who knows.

I guess the real question is how competitive things will actually be once we get there. In all fairness I haven't really spent that much time outside the boat with these guys as I have with my other team, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that they are pretty cool customers since they decided to keep me around despite being able to do 0 pull-ups. But you know how it goes - it's like once darkness sets over Montreal things can get either weird or awesome. Call it I'm out of town for the weekend syndrome or whatever but that's what's up and you know it.

Don't get me wrong, of course I want to win, hell everyone wants to win, but at the same time we did have to take vacation time, are not getting paid and our jerseys don't exactly say CANADA on the back so we gotta have some fun too right? Maybe it's just me thinking that way, but I guess I'll have to play it by ear because I don't know how impressive it would be if someone puked on your back during a race. Just saying.

Anyway, I haven't actually spent time in Montreal since 2009. Funny enough, that Montreal video capturing our daytime antics was the first actual YouTube video I ever edited. Fast forward to now and I'm glad I was able to overcome those editing hurdles, like not knowing how to adjust the volume or exporting it in the wrong format...heh.

Since my team status is probably somewhere along the lines of random new guy who has cameras and wears crocs I probably won't make any sort of video this time around because I don't need to be downgraded to creepy new guy who has cameras and awkwardly films us either...



Short week FTW! Zits FTL - damn you sunscreen!

0 comments: