Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Friday, September 2

A deal so nice I bought it thrice.

And then there were three...

Coming from a guy whose collection consists of games like Black Ops, Homefront and Bad Company 2, Killzone 3 is quite the change from those everyday modern themed FPS. It's kind of a new thing being able to drive around in a robot or throw down a turret, but it's just a different dynamic for me to suck at it definitely makes things interesting.

Those brutal melees are fun to watch and so is laying waste to Helghast dudes with a minigun, but I'd say that the action is more along the lines of BC2 than COD (not in a bad way). Just like in BC2 there's classes, stuff around the map for you to play around with and the environments are pretty big/intricate. But their maps aren't so big that there are vehicles to roll around in and there don't seem to be that many MP weapons either (I think).

I do like the fact that you can take on a fair bit of damage before you actually die (so you can run away, mwah) but I do think that the running effect is kind of lame and so is the story line thus far, heh. Game looks good though. Real good.



On a totally different note: Australian timber oil - it really works!

0 comments: