Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Sunday, November 29

Home On The Range

One of the best/worst parts about going to the range is that people love to talk to you about anything ever. From hunting, to cars, to making sausages and even cameras. I do shoot a rifle that gets a lot of compliments, so I do get in a lot of random conversations...whether I want to or not.

Anyway, yesterday I got into a talk with this one guy about the ins and outs of bench shooting, I look over and he's got custom everything at his station and his gun is 100% not stock. I look at my station and there's a couple clips, a block of wood and my ammo box with zip lock bags sticking out of it. Not impressed, but he continued to give me some excellent advice and then spotted me as I shot. He backed his talk up by showing me a coin which he shot 5 bullets through, in one jagged hole...AT 200 YARDS! PIMP!

For the most part sport shooters are great people. You do get the occasional Range Nazi or n00b (we've all been there) but nobody really sweats them...because if they tried anything stupid, there'd be about 20 people with guns ready to human hunt enforce safety under the right circumstances. But for the most part, these guys are the friendliest but safest people I've encountered in my travels anywhere.

Anyway, the best group I shot yesterday was 7/8" @ 25 yards and 1 1/4" @ 50 yards, open sights. Nice way to spend a brisk Saturday morning...even though I couldn't feel my finger squeeze the trigger half the time...heh.

1 1/4" @ 50 yards 7/8" @ 25 yards

0 comments: