Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Friday, July 15

Just call me Mr. Inconsistency

Second week in a row that I completely missed a fly ball in the outfield, aka looked like a complete jackass with his laces tied. These night games are straight messing with my eyes because my depth perception seems to go haywire in the bright lights. I'm not talking dropping a ball that hits my mitt, I'm talking me calling it out and then the ball landing like 6 feet away from me. SHAMEFUL.

The one thing about slo-pitch is that EVERYONE hits huge. The scores usually get pretty out of hand because it's not that difficult to crush an underhand lob. As a result the outfield gets a ton of traffic which, unfortunately for me, is a lot of opportunity to choke.

I can make the plays (sometimes), but every now and again I pull a real noob move that just cancels everything other diving catch out - it's the worst. Anyway, leave it to me to do something awesome then screw it up at the last second. At least my hitting isn't struggling because I can get on base and hit homers like a boss. Chalk all that other noise up to inexperience I guess because it is my first season after all. Yeah, that's it...

On a different note I guess this is why Leica is so expensive? Fuji X100 FTW.



TGIF

0 comments: