Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Wednesday, July 27

Montreal Dragon Boat Race Videos 2011 Edition

Video chopped and songs selected. Time to get my edit on (maybe).

I just found out why the audio sometimes get out of sync when you cut video up using MPEG Streamclip. Turns out there was a flaw in my process...actually I just didn't bother to ever grasp the concept of what a key frame actually was and why it's important. Here's one explanation of it (plagiarized off the net).

A video picture that contains all the information about the image (intraframe information), rather than just the difference between it and another image.

So when it comes down to it, as far as I can tell, if you cut at non-key frame it loses specific audio metadata and as a result the audio timeline can shift slightly resulting in out of sync audio. It's very noticeable when you edit longer clips.

SOLUTION: Use Command + K (or Ctrl + K for all you heathens) to snap to the nearest key frame. Once you lock on you can use the 'I' and 'O' keys as usual to select the 'in' and 'out' of your chopped clip. Pro tip right there.

Did I forget to mention that we picked up that gold and bronze B division dragon boat swag over the weekend? I hung them up in my cube to keep all the haters out.

GOLD


BRONZE

0 comments: