Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Monday, October 24

You can't always get what you want...

I've had a very interesting past few weeks and it got me thinking just how different my experiences could be from anyone else's. It's like when you're in school and you try to spot that alternate version of you and your friends in a different class or year. Meanwhile you actually have no idea what that person is like or what they've gone though to get there - odds are that they've experienced things you can't even wrap your head around and vice versa.

We can get thrown into some pretty complicated, fun, intense and awkward situations in life, but I firmly believe that you need to step outside of your comfort zone every now and again to A) keep yourself in check, B) really be able to appreciate things, and C) experience the full spectrum of what life has to offer. Drink a little too much, have a little too much to eat, fall head over heels for some girl, learn something brand new, stress out for no reason and sweat your balls off until you just want to collapse. Since that spectrum is so damn vast you can only really hope to touch a fraction of it if your lifetime, and that's why you're you and everyone else isn't.

You can't expect to understand or judge something without (at least) giving it a try or, better yet, going deep. You don't really know how delicious food can taste until you've stumbled out of a bar at 2 am. You don't really know how intense an emotion can be until you start crying from it. You don't know how much you take your body for granted until you eat some bad food and it comes pouring out of every orifice. You can't grasp the idea of how big the world is until you sit on a plane for a few hours and stand on a mountain top. You get the idea.

Everyone has an expiry date, so try and have some fun.



Anyway, on a lighter note...

It's Battlefield 3 week! And once that postman delivers it to my door then it's on. Just like with BFBC2 I'm looking forward to having Battlelog track my failures in great detail. I don't even plan on playing the single player campaign because I need to jump on that initial noob wave and level up with the hoards before it's too late. Seriously.

In even other news, GoPro just released another HD Hero iteration to conveniently capture all of your embarrassing wipeouts (or sex videos). If there's image stabilization in this version then I'll have to drop some coin. Great.

Yes, this is what I get excited about. IS IT FRIDAY YET!?

0 comments: