Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Friday, October 14

Fat guy tries to run - Part 3: IT'S GAME TIME

So in the handful or so runs that I've done leading up to this Sunday I've determined that it takes me about 2km before I get into any sort of groove. Up until that 2km mark it's pretty hard times, but after that the struggle feels more or less the same until I eventually pick it up for the finish.

With that being said here's the plan: a good solid warm up, relaxed running until the 1-1.5km mark, go faster and faster after every km after that, and then in the last 1km to 500m run as hard as I can. If I don't pull any noob moves then I should clock in around 28 minute mark, but I'll also have to see how excitement and adrenaline comes into play.

While training didn't go exactly as planned, I think I succeeded in at least getting an idea of what my pace should be like so I don't burn out immediately. Here are my last 2 runs - check out that Run Keeper manual input cheese (Timex FTW). Just a nice walk tomorrow and that's it.



One of the things I was wondering about was how they manage timing everyone. The ridiculous thought of volunteer high school kids holding clip boards and trying to read the number on your chest crossed my mind, but turns out that science stepped in to legitimize the whole deal. I'm not exactly sure how this mass start works though, but I can imagine it adding some unnecessary time as you try to make your way through that initial crowd.

Anyway, as I mentioned before I can't wait to eat the night before. I'm not quite sure what it will entail but it's going to be delicious. Believe.

So I probably shouldn't have eaten this yesterday either but that's how I roll...The High Priest - Burger's Priest answer to the Big Mac. I added in the panko breaded deep fried jalapenos and I don't think I have to say that it was very delicious tasting.



Time to carb up!

0 comments: