Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Monday, July 26

NEWSFLASH: Dragon boat gets some media coverage.

Seems like I've been writing a lot about dragon boating lately but it's all I really got going on but it's all I can really think about this morning, as my body is mangled from what was probably the hardest 2-hour practice ever yesterday, and I'm looking forward to struggling tonight as well.

On the upside we did manage to hit up some pretty good food at this Pakistani place called Lahore Tikka House and I even managed to try out cow brains for the first time (salty, tastes like cooked oysters), which was pretty interesting. All of that eventually lead to the meat sweats but was satisfying overall (thank goodness I didn't have to drive home after as the itis set in hard). The place was pretty ghetto, but fitting as we were all drenched in Lake Ontario water + hardcore sweat after all.

LIFE IS EXHAUSTING.

On a more fun note, it's always cool to see yourself on TV. ALWAYS. I remember when I was on Rogers cable that one time for playing in some tennis tournament and then on the Speed channel the other during one of those random close up of cheering fans in the crows shots, and I almost shit my pants (twice). Maybe I did, I can't remember because the experience was just that intense.

Anyway, it just so happens that the Banana Boat's team Captain was on eTalk on CTV during a segment called Jully in July, where Canadian singer Jully Black tries some fun activity in and around the T DOT. In this segment she paddled with the GWN Premier Women, which is probably the most winningest all female team in the sport (and I probably just made that stat up but they do win a lot it seems), to give dragon boating a try.

Check out the GWN Premier Women's site for a good looking crew. And by good looking team I mean a boat full of hot chicks, and not referring to their paddling skill btw. I think they're currently in Macau for the World Championships representing Canada at the moment so cheer them on.

0 comments: