Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Friday, July 2

Tighten all those bike parts or you might regret it...

So I was out riding earlier this week while suddenly my pedal decided to bail out on me right after a short hill climb. Luckily I was able to hold it together and avoid any real injury (because I'm a pro) but the one crank arm suffered a little wear and tear as it jarred loose and flew off, killing a family of beavers in a nearly creek.

Unfortunately, my multi-tool didn't have a huge hex key for the bottom bracket (I think that's what it's called), so I had to take a walk of shame and call home for emergency evac.

The off-road bike trails in the suburbs of Mississauga aren't exactly the most intense thing you've ever ride, but they're easily accessible and you can cover a ton of ground on the relatively flat gravel and dirt tracks. None of them really loop back because they follow along a handful of winding creeks or rivers so it's sometimes easy to lose your bearings (at least with my sense of direction). Luckily you know that a roads or main intersection isn't that far away if you need a point of reference.

I've only really been getting into riding recently but it's been surprising to see how many mountain bikers you'll see in full gear and Camelbaks riding around after dinner. If you think about it, it's actually pretty convenient for a quick evening spin considering you don't have to drive out anywhere and the trail entrances are just around the corner...and that you're in Mississauga after all.


So much for a leisurely evening ride...

0 comments: