Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Monday, September 13

GWN Dragon Boat Challenge Race Videos and MOFOs Push Up Contest

You know my neck is getting pretty tired from wearing these three medals to work this morning, so I'll probably take them off at some point and put them next to the trophy sitting in my cube after I finish the coffee in it...

Actually watching the videos from the weekend, the final and semi final were much closer than we ever imagined. In the final, our coach actually screamed out profanities in agony ("FUUUUUU" - captured in the awesome video below) because he thought we lost the race by a dragon's hair. It wasn't until the judge's video review that we found out that we beat the other team by 0.04 seconds! Talk about epic.

It seems that Great White North really knows how to rank these heats as all the finals for all divisions seemed to be extremely close, and tons of them went to video review. Going into this regatta we were seeded 66/104 and finished 67th. Me·di·oc·ri·ty at it's best, but amazing for a community/recreational team that just wanted to have fun this year.

Winningest season ever! We were all over the moon. Okay, maybe just me...



The rest of the race videos and also the MOFOs push up contests HERE.

0 comments: