Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Wednesday, September 29

Office Life != Thug Life

It's hard to joke around at work. If you've ever had an actual conversation with me you know that I'm a pretty ridiculous person in general I like to joke around and generally don't know what I'm talking about the things I say are not politically correct meant to be taken seriously.

In any sort of casual setting, I really don't change the way I talk to anyone. The way I talk to my kid sister is the same way I talk to my parents, which is the same way I would talk to any of my friends. I like to keep it real and my parents are street like that so they know what I'm talking about. They did have like 27 years to pick it up...

At work though, it's like the sarcasm meter has rusted over for 99% of the people here. Since there are exactly 0 people my age, any sort of joking around seems lost upon them. They assume everything I say (even jokingly) is what I mean, and are probably confused as to why every MS Office Communicator message I send to my co-workers ends with 'lol'. It's a habit... I might be a hypocrite though because I absolutely hate it when anyone uses emoticons with me. They're stupid.


I don't even know why that dumb menu is there. What's it doing in a corporate/business messaging system? I don't know.



Anyway, old habits die hard. Real hard. Let's just say that the lunch time conversations in the cafeteria can get real awkward...

1 comments:

Christine said...

Hilarious! They'll just have to catch on... to the lol's! lol!