Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Wednesday, September 22

My Devinci Hucker

In case you were probably not wondering, here's what my Devinci Hucker looks like at the moment. I finally got a chance to wash it down and also saw that my front derailleur is kind of rusting already. I guess that's an excuse for a new part...next year. I still haven't installed a new headset yet and dirt's probably getting in there with the seals broken and all, but I'll let future me worry about that...

The Rockshox Sektor TK (100-140mm Coil U-Turn) is really working out well. While 140mm is more than I need to ride around the burbs, the adjustable feature is awesome, and unlike the DARTs the adjustments actually make a difference (as far as my limited experiences can tell). I finally got around to installing the pop loc switch on the thing and let me tell you it works like black magic as it turns babies into toads and children into ducks, riding on concrete and up hills.

I'm not going to lie, it did change the geometry of my bike a fair bit and it took a long ride to get used to the longer travel, but it's true what they say, the longer travel does seem to make it more stable. I also run an aftermarket 28/38T dual ring setup with a e*thirteen DRS.



I took a few pictures of the pedals and the fork before I installed them...





Single track, here I come...

0 comments: