Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Thursday, September 16

Hello, super plushness...

You know that saying, measure twice cut once? Yeah I should have followed that. Using a pipe cutter to cut a 1 1/8" aluminum steerer is not fun in the least. Especially if you have to do it twice.

I managed it somehow though, and got fresh grease in my eye everywhere. New fork, purple DH pedals and bash guard/chain guide. The only thing left is to install the damn pop-loc switch after I install a new headset....which will involve me disassembling and cleaning everything all over again. Let me tell you that assembling and disassembling your bike without an actual bike stand is just as ridiculous as you think. Random boxes and buckets to hold up your bike parts don't work that well.

I do have to admit that after this whole fiasco my bike mechanic prowess probably leveled up like 3 points.

Also, turns out that if I don't get out of the forest by 7:45ish nowadays you gotta bust out the lights. Fall is pretty much here. Maybe.


0 comments: