Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Thursday, February 17

Revel-STOKED! Yeah, so finally said it.

So we found out where it's at: Revelstoke's North bowl! Why? Because that's where you'll find the reason why you decided to go to the middle of nowhere in the first place. It felt like we wasted a day on the other side of the mountain now that we've seen the light... ...

Check it out. Revelstoke.



We started it off with some steeps.



Then we got down to business. I thought my lungs were going to burst when doing that 10 minute hike to the North face. The only other person who stopped like me was this grandmother. It's quite the view though.



So, I've been throwing around the word powder for a while now but this was it. Not quite 100 cm but enough to make your legs disappear. So far this is the deepest I've experienced so far: mid-thigh.



The best part about 2 foot deep snow is that falling doesn't hurt. Like at all. The worst part? Finding your skis and/or poles afterwards. Here's the view from the top of the one ride we came down from.



Check the view from the bottom of the valley. We came all the way from there and were maybe 2/5 of the way down.



The only problem though the hiking everywhere to get back to a lift. Lots and lots of hiking. Hike to the ridge, ski down the valley, hike through the valley, ski through the glades, hike through the glades.



Lots of breaks.



Good day, but honestly my knees are feeling destroyed already on day 2, like jello. I'm pretty sure that at the end of this season I'm going to buy a snowboard because ski boots are the bain of my existence. I hate walking in boots. Always.

0 comments: