Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Wednesday, June 30

Dragon boat battle cries!

So the Banana Boat will have our first dragon boat regatta in a little over a week, and I must tell you that I hope we win something...anything. Our times in Hamilton last year were 2:13.73, 2:15.67 and 2:16.93. Let's see if we can't beat them.

Unfortunately, in my illustrious dragon boat career any sort of medal or trophy has eluded me thus far.

It's too bad that there's no prize for 4th place or exhibition races because we'd have a ton. But 4th place is like the 3rd loser (or something like that) and winning exhibition races means bombsquat. Unlike some other teams we don't sandbag it until the last race just to get bumped down a few divisions either (integrity FTW/Loss), so it's been a hard battle. I've been on teams as a substitute and we ended up top 3 in our finals, but apparently substitutes don't get medals either, heh.

Anyway, it's been a weird season so far as our team has had a lot more people than usual. I'm not sure how many there are but there seems to be way more than the 22 we usually have. Even when some people miss practices the boat is still somehow completely full, so it's hard to tell if teammates skills are progressing because there's different faces at every practice.

There's also only a hand full of us back from the team last year because our coach is a scary guy apparently a bunch got preggers, or boyfriends, or something like that (Note to self: get a hot girlfriend). And since we practice full time at Balmy Beach now, apparently it was just a little too inconvenient for some...and the fact that it's located next to a sewage treatment plant probably didn't help much either.

0 comments: