Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Friday, March 5

Not so casual Fridays...

It's no surpise that I had to spend a few dollars on a new business casual wardrobe and to be honest I've probably done more ironing this week than I've done in the past year. What was a surpise though is that I wasn't quite sure how to approach today. Casual Fridays anyone?

I'm still getting down with the policies around here so I totally did not know if every Friday is casual, last Friday of the month or just never. I asked a co-worker and they said they like to keep it pimp tight pretty casual all the time, but I wasn't quite sure what that means. I don't want to be that guy as I walk through the cafeteria wearing dress pants with hundreds, if not thousands of people staring at me...but at the same time I don't know if my Tupac tshirt would be frowned upon either.

It reminded me of the time I had to go to a client meeting on a Friday and it just happened to be the first time I was going to meet them, so I wore dress pants/dress shirt only to discover they took it real casual on Fridays...awkward.

I'm definitely not the kind of guy that tucks anything into his jeans or wears dress shoes with them. I'm not exactly sure what's going on but it seems that the higher the floor you're on the more business you dress...all the time. I'm gonna have to play this one by ear and see what I can get away with. To give you some perspective, Friday's in the summer at my last job meant some of us wore shorts.

I also have to get used to the fact that I have to carry all my associated security stuff EVERYWHERE or I might get locked in the 6th floor stairwell again. While most people opt for that sissy string pully thing I've opted to buy my own metal chain one - the kind that janitors use to carry all their keys and knives. It also doubles as a choke wire in case I have to assassinate anyone on my way to work. Just sayin'.

0 comments: