Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Wednesday, December 1

And the beat goes on...

Since Facebook is the most illegitimate/dumbest way to share any real photo, I back mine up to the flickr cloud because it seems like a small price to pay for some extra storage and an easy way to share pics with people who actually cared enough to ask for them. Same thing goes for YouTube because it became too hard to convince people to come over to my bedroom and watch questionable videos sitting on my bed... It may look like I have a lot on my photostream but trust me, that's just the tip of the iceberg. Most pictures of my family and friends are all private/shared only with them (to keep the pervs out) but it also makes sharing them easier since I'm too lazy to burn DVDs and emailing is impossible when images from the D90 are a few MB a piece.

The downside with flickr is that it kind of locks you in because you gotta keep paying to access your archives (unless you only want to see the latest 200 photos in your photostream). Your older photos never get deleted, but nobody can see them unless you pay up.

Once a year I usually get around to burning a bunch of backup DVD's but in the meanwhile it's like my 3rd level backup since I'm paranoid as shit after the Great Fail Format of 2009 - My HD >> Time Machine >> flickr. Stuff like music and movies I can always get again but one offs like my Christmas or travel photos, I'd be super pissed to lose. If the flickr farm suddenly bursts into flames one day it would be a great tragedy, but since I have another backup all you suckas can burn! Muahahahaha!

Now here's a totally unrelated picture of one of the spiciest/most delicious things ever. I actually managed to get a splash of it in my eye - I thought crying blood was only reserved for movies.



And now here's Martin Solveig's part 2 - where's my headband and Lacoste shirt? I can't wait for this album...

0 comments: