Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Tuesday, December 21

TRON: Sucks

It was pretty disappointing when we found out that the Dirty Heads/illscarlett concert got sold out on Friday, so instead we ended up going to see Tron in IMAX 3D. The only thing more depressing than not getting in to that concert was the fact that when I asked the ticket lady girl if the late show was going to be super busy, she called her friend over and they both laughed as she pointed to us from behind the glass saying, "these guys". Stellar.

Anyhow, the movie wasn't as great as I expected. Don't get me wrong, the first half was crazy and worth the extra few bucks for the IMAX + 3D. But then after the first hour of action the intensity level dropped from about 125% to 20%, then the movie just eventually ended.

But up until that point, it was gold...





Pretty much everything beyond the heart to heart talks on that light train (and any scene with that awkward and totally inconvenient transport ship pictured above) should have just been replaced with more light cycle fighting.

I also enjoyed the fact that when we grabbed drinks/eats at Turtle Jack's before the movie, for whatever reason everyone there was super dressed up except for us. Imagine people in their work clothes or girls wearing skirts and stuff, then we cruise in wearing concert tees and sneakers asking for some pitchers and wings. It's not like the place is very fancy, in fact the prices are very reasonable and pretty much on par with any other Montana's, Boston Pizza or Jack Astor's, but for whatever reason people somehow took it more seriously...and the waitresses there are all smokin'.

In other movie related news, looks like my favorite movie franchise is back in action and now featuring my favorite actor, The Rock! Thanks to Jon for the heads up.

0 comments: