Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Friday, December 10

The first rule of Fight Club...I mean the Gingerbread House Throwdown is...

I like the show Throwdown with Bobby Flay because he boasts an impressive 31/100 win record and I also enjoy the fact that he tricks you, practices for a few days, comes to your home town and then challenges you at making some food you've most likely spent years trying to perfect and made a name for yourself with in front of all of your friends and family.

It's a real douchebag move, but pretty entertaining. After 8 seasons you think that people would kind of expect it because the odds of the Food network coming to your hometown and making a special about you for an obscure show that doesn't exist is so possible.

Anyway, I've been lucky enough to get an invite to a 1st ever ginger bread house building competition aka Throwdown. What I enjoy the most about it is that the rules were documented an sent well in advance to the competitors. I also enjoy that it includes obliteration. Looks like it's game time, minus the sneakers and profuse sweating.


What you don't see in that screenshot is the 2nd page with aerial map, that's labelled and color coded, to make the logistics of the night easy for everyone - talk about a good host. If I were organizing this, everyone would probably get parking tickets and we'd probably all just end up getting drunk off eggnog/mulled wine, then eating all the candy (because I didn't buy any gingerbread).

0 comments: