Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Friday, January 14

Black Ops: Kino Der Toten 20+ strategy...sort of

Truth be told, computer games are a waste of time, but that stuff is fun and the amount of time I've spend playing them is nothing to be proud of.

With COD Zombies, I find that on the whole it's pretty damn hard to get grouped with other decent and have a good game. And when you're gonna sit down for like invest 1-3 hours playing a single game, where you can't get up to take a piss, you don't want to get screwed over with that much time put in. As lame as it sounds, it gets pretty intense and requires some serious concentration/coordination with you and the other 3 dudes.

For example my buddy called me up to talk about the next ski trip last night while we were on round 16 and I died. Guys got pissed because I was carrying the team and they were all spectating on me running laps when it happened and the death was lame. I think we were about 50 mins in at that point so it wasn't too bad, but the game could honestly last so long it's like going to work.

After that I got to lvl 17 with some awesome crew then the server actually disconnected us when we all had awesome weapons, took out time, talked and were like 1hr + in. What a pain. So then I played solo for like 5 hours and took some screenshots to write this because I didn't want to get screwed more times in one day than...

But seriously, I watched my cousins get 30+ in Der Riese and it took them 3+ hours and the same thing happens to them with the phone calls and guys will rage. It's like an investment in fun (yeah, I'll go with that), so next time I get a call mid game I think I might just hang up and hope they'll understand...

Anyhow, that's why I started to play solo in the first place, so I could take my time pause and take a dump get a drink or something if I need to. I managed to get pretty far using a general strategy and I think if you had the patience to follow it you'd easily get to 30. I think you can scale it to MP pretty well, but in my experience usually around round 15 guys start to lose their cool, stop following each other then we all die.



In any case, there are tons of people further up the leaderboard and many other strategies and this is just one of them that I've had some mild success with.

For solo: rounds 1-3 hold up in the main room, line them up body shots and knife for max points. Take your time, make them line up to save bullets and rebuild if you want. Buy the quick revive asap and don't wast money on shit guns. Basically hoard some points and when you're pretty much out of ammo move top floor all the way to the staircase and buy a mp40 (750 + 1000 + 1000).

Yeah the shotgun is better for dogs and 1 shot = one kill, but you don't get as many points as mp40 - and you can keep it until like rd 10.



Once you get that you just outlast around that room until you can open up two doors to the theater and you've pretty much executed the plan. Once there you open the curtain, which creates a full circuit of the map. Buy juggernog and speed cola (seems like double tap is a waste) and the bowie knife if you want (1 hit up to rd 10, 2 hits up to 20 (I think)).

At that point you start running laps and hopefully you'll have run into the box by then. If not, you'll have to open the other half of the map to find it. So at the end of higher rounds, leave a crawler, link the pads and do what you gotta do before getting ready and starting the next round at the stage.

So with this loop, the general strategy is start each round at the stage and stay there as long as possible, when you're getting overrun head down the isle and lead them in a line like Peter Piper and smoke them at choke points. Don't forget to watch your back



When they're lined up, use the choke points to turn and shoot. If you did it right you're going to have a dense line of zombies which you can just unload on and rack up the points.

This plus always moving are the main keys. Stay in one spot too long then you get zombies spawning all around instead of behind you. With speed cola you can walk all day, because if you go to fast they'll turn back and flank you instead of following you around.



I guess the other important thing is weapons, because grabbing crap guns off the walls won't help you much in later rounds. Get something good from the box and pack a punch it when you're low on ammo since there's no other way to get more (you also get max ammo at the end of every dog round). This is why you link the teleporter at the end of the rounds so you can bail if you need to as well.

I personally like the HK21/H115 Oscillator (750 rounds) or RPK/R115 Resonator (500 rounds) + either the thunder or ray gun. You won't need to upgrade the thunder or ray gun until later rounds since they're pretty powerful anyway and can clear a path through the loop.

Probably two of the best guns in the game are the ray/Porter's X2 and the thunder gun/zeus cannon. Both because they can clear rooms like me drunk on a Tuesday, but also because it doesn't take a lot of ammo to do the job, especially once upgraded.

You'll always get some stragglers in front of you when running laps and need to make quick work of them - if you stop to shoot too long the pack will catch up and you're toast.



Pretty much once you're at that point you just outlast the game. Eventually you'll die for some lame reason or don't follow the plan. If you're like me then probably because you decide to stop running the plan and eventually get trapped/surrounded/gang banged, die while teleporting or you think you can go grab a Popsicle before the crawler catches up want to see how many knife strikes it takes to kill a crawler on round 25...



The strategy works the same for multiplayer but usually falls apart because people end up doing their own thing and you get separated which causes you to get surrounded. Usually we'll move to staircase at round 5, play 2 up 2 down (including second floor staircase) until round 8 or so then when you get overrun fall back to theater.

Once you're in the theater you should get 1 guy watching the back window and 3 up front. When everyone can afford pack a punch and juggernog or when the guys up front start to fall the back window guy will pull power, link teleporter and you begin to lap together (you can revive anyone who dies on the way back). You should all go hunt for the box as well if you don't have a ray gun or something at this point.



Multiplayer is pretty aggravating because you get stuck with lamers a lot of the time and they'll end up just running around like chickens with their heads cut off or back up in a corner or leading a hoard towards you or opening doors without telling anyone.

The absolute worst is when you're pretty far and 1 or 2 guys will be running laps (aka carrying the team) and the host will rage quit because they just die every round and have to spectate for 10 mins.



Other than that get your damn colas. Quick revive - 500 (you can only get it three times) juggernog - 2500, speed cola - 3000. The most important are the quick revive, since you're lone wolf, and the juggernog, since some jackass is going to lay a claw on you while you run around and herd them up and you're toast after another. In solo and multiplayer juggernog is a must.



But that's pretty much it. Laps, leave one half locked down, get your colas and good guns. Like I said I'm no pro, but man I just want to make my way up the MP leaderboard.

Then there's also the ammo hack which totally sucks. Everyone's leader board score is so bloated it's ridiculous. No joke, I played with a guy who had level 306. THREE HUNDRED AND SIX! Playing normally he couldn't get past rd 12. LAME.

Happy hunting.

0 comments: