Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Thursday, January 27

Pictures of you, pictures of me, hung up on the wall for the world to see.

I like the idea of forcing people to watch the lame stuff I do having something that I can show my family, friends and (at some point) kids that they might get a kick out of. Plus my memory totally sucks, so if I'm gonna be a real life Ted Mosby then it might help me get my story straight when I sit my kids down on the couch and tell them about how awesome everyone the know is.

My OAC English teacher once told us he never ever takes pictures because the most powerful and vivid memories are the ones in your head that you can replay over and over again. What an idiot that guy was.

You ever hear the saying, pics or it never happened? Well, watch out because other than not impressing high school kids and leaving your loved ones with a shoe box full of regret and doubt about whether anything you ever said was true, what's going to happen when your memory starts to fail and you have nothing to show?

I'm not saying go crazy with it and totally ruin the moment by being that guy who always gets all up in your grill and makes everyone feel all uncomfortable and stuff (because that guy is the worst). Just consider who you're with and if the moment is right and you get the chance it could be a good idea. If you're with a group of Asians then these rules need not apply.

BTW, after leaving the bar last night I almost got mugged on my way to my car because I was pretty drunk and didn't see the guy sneaking up behind me. Luckily, while he was demanding me to hand over my Rolex this other dude creeped up behind him and busted him on the back of the head with his shoe, which just happened to be a steel-toe Dakota work boot. That knocked him unconscious immediately but it was cool since it was all in self defense and whatnot. Turns out the good samaratan's name is Esteban and he's here on a work permit and trying to get his family immigrated from Panama. Anyhow, the bartender saw what happened in the parking lot and immediately brought us out beers to which we high-fived and cheers'ed right there in the parking lot. Unfortunately when we were posing for a picture with one foot on the mugger's unconscious body my cell ran out of juice so I wasn't able to get the shot. True story.

Photobucket

0 comments: