Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Wednesday, January 19

Early season dragon boat shiz niz...

So I've become the blog-master of my dragon boat team's blog. I bet they saw some potential when they just happened to stumble upon my own blog, so it's not like I volunteered for it or anything like that. Obviously...

In any case, they're on the free hosted Wordpress site and it sucks. You can't modify the template or even the CSS without dropping some cash money into your account (or hosting your own). All you can really do is select a template and change the background, which is pretty lame so this is best I could do. I've deployed a few Wordpresses in my time, so having to use this limited free version is like trading a Devinci for a SuperCycle.


How about shameless self promotion - you see the synergy there?

Also, I've decided that I'm going to try out for my work dragon boat team which is a little way more competitive than Banana Boat. The tryout period is 8 weeks with one practice session a week (paddle pool/fitness) and then after that moves to the actual season with two a week practices.

Worst case is that I'll have to remove my picture from the company whitepages. Better case is that I have to step up as sub when some dude blows his rotator cuff. Best case is that I make first string. At least I get some pre-season exercise for 8 weeks right? RIGHT?

0 comments: