Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Friday, August 12

Banana Boat vs Woodstock Dragon Boat Festival 2011

Like I mentioned yesterday, when it comes to music there's nothing more subjective (and cheesy) than trying to choose a song that people may/not like. I've learned that while I might like to listen to Matt & Kim, most people would think I'm some sort of hipster wannabe when they hear those sweet sweet beats leaking out of my headphones. Conversely, when I hear Kesha on the radio it makes me puke in my mouth a little, but that kind of cheese also makes the girls go crazy so I hope they don't mind the vomit flavor...

I don't really sweat it though because I will never compromise my artistic integrity, right? RIGHT?



Let me drop some history on you: back in the day, YouTube used to come down pretty hard with the copyright cock blocking - you'd upload something then it would call you a fool and tell you that nobody will ever get to see your video anyway. Facebook was even worse since it would just straight delete that video you worked so hard on without so much as even telling you that it was going to bring the hatred. So back then I tried to use some awesome but not so mainstream songs so I didn't have to deal with that foolishness.

Nowadays, just like how I don't believe that Facebook is a legitimate photo sharing site so I never upload stuff there, I just don't upload videos to it all together. Fortunately, YouTube has gotten pretty good with it though, since they just spam your comment with an iTunes ad and then deny those pesky Germans, so you don't really have to worry about unnecessary blockage anymore.

Anyway, here's that yellow shirt gold medal swag coming at you.



Crap, I just realized that I forgot to include the BB cheer shot. Shucks.

And on that note...Sausagefest tomorrow!

0 comments: