Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Tuesday, September 6

Go North I say...

You know, Webers really is not all that great good. Despite the fact that the line is always huge, the burgers are small, probably overcooked and that ice cream tastes kind of old, everyone just stops there anyway because humans need food in order to survive that long drive.

Ok so maybe the drive to Muskoka isn't actually that bad but that spot along Highway 11 is right about the time when you get hungry, am I right or what? They should take a page out of Burger's Priest's book and step up their 57 year old patty game, but I think Mr Weber is probably too busy rolling around in his money piles recruiting more high school kids to take that initiative.



Anyway, despite the fact that I didn't shower for like 3 days and a hot ember burnt the poop out of my bare bum, I always like getting out of the city.

Between shooting pop cans and drinking beer maintaining the fire we actually got some work done too. Well not that much work, but it's crazy how fast a couple of chain saws can lay waste to an area of trees. Owning some legit raw land is a lot to deal with.

All I can say is that the food we had at camp was luxurious compared to Webers. Congratulations to the land owner's ass as well for dealing with at least 5 cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers that we made/grilled over the fire. He inhaled them with grace and bested us all.

In retrospect, pepper vodka was not the best choice as a chaser for those. You know the saying: twice as hot on the way out...



Last dragon boat practice of the year tonight...what a season...

0 comments: