Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Monday, September 19

I'm life Annie and I'm biting you in the ass!

What a mess I was last week. Between getting injured and lacking sleep I was able to get some work done, but nothing felt right and I just wanted to make it through. I had to make it to Stratford for 8 on Saturday and it was pretty crappy considering that I went to sleep at like 2:30.

The whole week/end felt like when you have to wear cotton that one time to play sports after you've been wearing dry fit since forever - it's gross and you wonder how people can be such savages just doesn't feel right. Awesome analogy, I know.

Anyway, so I paddled with BMO and the Row Bots on Saturday and although we didn't win any hardware both teams did finish within the top 16, which isn't too shabby. It was kind of a logistical mess because both teams ended up in B division races, but that's what happens when you over commit crews are short people.

Seems like a lot of teams are just thrown together without really practicing because it's after all the big races and I think it's one of the very last regattas in Ontario. They probably just want to keep the train going, but as a result it's not a very competitive race and the atmosphere is a lot more relaxed (because most of the team didn't even bother to warm up for the final).



If you don't know, the course is right at the Theater - it's kind of weird/uneven/shallow but other than that they have more or less everything you need, including free water, live bands and a fry truck. There were 61 teams there and since the venue is not that huge the athlete's village is always pretty tight. Real close quarters.

Nice event though since other than the plays nothing else really goes on there there's a lot of community support.



And that's a wrap on the 2011 dragon boat season (finally) - if it has anything to do with me paddling then save it for year.

Quick shout out to C&K too, because their house/warming was pimp. Man I gotta get one of those.

0 comments: