Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Thursday, November 3

Nobody wants to see your creepy mustache

I thought that the whole point of Movember was to raise money for charity and not just to look like a douche and creep out little children?

Anyway, I have no plans for November. Nothing. 3 days in and I'm already bored but I have no plans on growing out my (sparse and thin) mustache because making it onto the sexual offenders list probably won't impress the ladies (that much). It's that month where dragon boat is way past done, it's just a little too cold to ride or shoot anymore, and there's no snow on the ground yet either. It's definitely Maybe it's all just excuses to be lazy, but as a result I've fully engaged bumb mode - all I can do now is get my skis sharpened, save some cash for the holiday season and play some video games...

Now about that...apparently this transition to console gaming has not been a very smooth one. Year One with this DS3 controller has proven to be more frustrating than I previously imagined. Unlike PC where I could hold my own, on PS3 my mind can think shoot to kill but my thumbs just want to pick my nose (or something like that).



Other than tactical lights and lasers (seriously EA?) what really annoys the shit out of me is that people don't really seem to understand how respawn tickets work and despite the fact that each class has a role to play, I generally don't come across many people who will actually go deep, play the objective and help out teammates (other than me). Sometimes I'll come across players who actually do work together and it's not very difficult to clean house when that happens. Unfortunately, since most of the 12 year olds on PSN couldn't care less about anything other than their own KDR you don't really run into that kind of thing. But when you do, it makes you remember why Battlefield 3 is such a good game.

I'm under the impression that with the massive 64 vs 64 huge map matches on PC that the dynamic of the game is a little different, but PS3 is apparently full of haters or I'm actually so bad that I really do make my team lose. Check my Win/Lose ratio as evidence.



Seriously, that tactical light is so annoying that I had to start using it. I actually toned it down and use the laser attachment, but even still talk about cheese. I mean how often are you just be running around a corner in broad daylight, then out of nowhere get blinded by a wall of white, spray and pray, and then die. Patch that shit.

It's also pretty interesting that there exist players who specialize in flying choppers or jets. They'll spend entire games in aircraft and unless you let that stinger missile fly, they're legitimately doing work and showing skill with those specialized class. I still crash choppers immediately after I get in them.



Anyway, MW3 drops next week and while I was pretty excited about Battlefield 3, I'm legitimately excited about MW3 (which is probably why I pre-orderd the Hardened Edition). Having spent ~210 PC hours in Black Ops, I think I'm qualified to say that I enjoy the COD franchise.

I do enjoy Battlefield but even still I think that I'll enjoy MW3 even more. Other than being able to get in/out quickly (just like in real life), the fast paced games and the ability to respawn right away, here's what I like about COD:

  • Everything boils down to TDM, so you don't really need to rely on your teammates who don't play the objective or support their classes.
  • A single game doesn't last 45 minutes.
  • You don't have to quit the entire game every time you want to switch a lobby or play a different game type.
  • And I'm going to go ahead and assume that parties and voice communication will actually work in MW3, unlike the massive fail in Battlefield 3.


Hey Controller stop holding me back.

0 comments: