Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Tuesday, November 8

...and then I got addicted to Modern Warfare 3

Let's face it: I don't watch TV, I don't read magazines and I don't have a girlfriend. Aside from all the masturbation enjoying as much delicious food as I can and then hibernating, I plan on filling my other winter hours trying to get over this damn clumsy PS3 annoying-console-controller-hump-foolishness. Sexy - yes I know. It's been a couple of months since switching over to console gaming and it's been worse than picking up golf.

For whatever reason I found myself watching the Machinima livestream last night when Sark, Seananners and Hutch kicked it off at midnight. They're doing a 15 day stream this time around to see how far they can prestige by playing around the clock, and last time it took Machinima something like 25 days to max out in Black Ops (and I plan on watching it all day). Best job ever.



With that said my Hardened Edition copy of Modern Warfare 3 got mailed yesterday, so if Canada Post fails to deliver it to me by the time I get home from the gym then heads are going to roll. More likely I'll just have to watch Crazy, Stupid, Love (or something like that).

I guess COD Elite is also official, and by official I mean still struggles just like the malfunctioning beta did.



From what I can see it looks comparable to Battlelog and even though I'll have a paid subscription I don't really know what that means yet, other than getting all the DLC for a year. You can tell the developers were working around the clock yesterday, because every time I logged in the site changed - hopefully it'll be fully operational soon.

What I'd like to see is upcoming unlocks and perk challenges, but I think they have bigger fish to fry on this launch day...



It's going to be interesting to see how the whole tournaments, challenges and prizes work out too but the main reason I got the Hardened Edition was for that Elite membership. Even though I'm not sure how the new PSN account limit policy will work, it somehow gives me the impression that DLC sharing is about to become a little more difficult.

Across a couple games those $15 DLCs can add up and all things considered, the extra $40 for the Hardened Edition which includes a year membership plus all that extra COD swag is a pretty good deal.



What you know about prestige? Still not much apparently. It was pretty time consuming to even prestige once on both PS3 and PC so I don't know if I'll even go for 2 this time around. I guess it'll come down to how difficult the challenges are, but we'll see how that new revamped killstreak and perk system works out.

Anyway, time to get my game on aka strike while the iron is hot. Is it Thursday yet?



Did I also forget to mention that TD Rewards was offering a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and a wireless headset package for only $99 last week?!? That's cheese.

It'll also be interesting to see how much Battlefield 3 I play after today, and I still haven't even tried coop yet either. BTW, they're patching the tactical light (finally).



Man, do I need a girlfriend...any takers?

0 comments: