Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Tuesday, November 22

What up, kettlebells?

Despite the fact that I haven’t lifted a dumbbell in a very long time I’ve recently jumped into these kettlebell workouts because I discovered that the instructor was this slammin’ babe I’ve become quite the lazy bum, not having to dragon boat anymore. And yes, I know that the season ended a couple months ago, but like I told you: lazy bum.

These kettlebell workouts are fairly short but super intense - makes you feel like a caveman doing real man work. They consist of alternating body weight exercises and exercises where you hold/lift/toss around these crude iron balls with handles in all sorts of positions. It’s the closest that I’ve come to non-alcoholic related vomiting in a long time because the instructor really knows how to egg you on and I refuse to be defeated by the 35 year old women also taking the class.

The only down side is that they’re held in the studio rooms where the walls are covered with these floor to ceiling mirrors. Being surrounded by women in fairly close quarters I can’t help it if I try to sneak a peek every now and again. Unfortunately, the walls have eyes (literally) and I have to get creative with trying to play it cool. I’m a man and it can’t be helped, but I know that they’re probably checking out my sweet bod too (probably not).



Anyway, this has been thrown in with the other classes that I do with middle aged/older women at the YMCA. Now that my lower back hurts again it feels like I'm actually getting somewhere.

0 comments: