Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Sunday, May 9

Dragon boat season starts now.

So we had our first practice of the season today, and talk about miserable weather. The high is supposed to be 9 but at that hour in the morning all I can say is it was FREEZING - it literally started to snow at one point.

Ashbridge's Bay, Toronto
Now throw in shorts, flip flops and wet shirts - you get the picture. Dipping your hand into Lake Ontario was a little less than pleasant.

Since it was the first practice most of it was showing the new guys the ropes, so it included a lot of sitting around as the coach went over technique row by row. It feels good to get back into it, but I can't wait until the weather warms up. New season, new teammates, new regattas. Paddles up!

0 comments: