Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Tuesday, May 11

No DRADIS contacts...ever

So it's kind of hard to be disconnected while at work, but every company has their policies. Mine just happens to be: You do not get to talk to anyone ever except to co-workers through your work email and office communicator.

It's lame, but they have to keep us peons productive somehow.



There are ways around it...https, iloveim, groups, sexting, but it's all just a crappy workaround. My texting skill hasn't improved much so I've turned back to Google Wave and it's not so bad as I initially thought. Don't get me wrong, it still kind of sucks but they sure improved it a lot and its not down nearly as much as it used to be. The problem still remains though - nobody uses it (still). I've sort of forced coerced some people to use it but the fact that it requires some installation makes it unaccessible to some. Well we do what we can.

Just like in real life first impressions are pretty important.

0 comments: