Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Monday, April 11

Spring cleaning taken to the next level...

I can honestly say that this home renovation thing has just been ultra disruptive to my general flow of life. After the main floor and washrooms have been tiled by these drunk italian guys this gang of Polish dudes are now all up in my space doing the hardwood. As far as I can tell these guys are ready to pump some fists at any given moment, and I actually think one guy was wearing an Xtreme Couture sweater when I passed him by the other day. No doubt that they are listening to Z103.5 traveling in their work van. Anyhow, they do good work and have finished up the main floor but now that means they are moving on upstairs...

Despite my mom assuring me that hardwood upstairs is the thing now, I don't know what the appeal to having it in the bedrooms is. The first thing that I'll probably do is throw down a nice shag carpet and then pile my furniture on top of that. I can't imagine getting out of bed and having bare feet hit cold Brazilian hardwood in the middle of the winter. And house slippers are gay.

Anyway, the fact that I physically have to move every single thing out of my room then back is a real good opportunity to purge all the crap I've collected in my 20-odd years of awesomeness. And man have I purged. Old trophies, models I built, souvenirs, notes - I threw that stuff away like a boss. Basically anything that I haven't looked at or used in less than 6 months has been tossed in the garbage and it feels damn good (see you in hell lame childhood memories). I'm turning a new leaf and going minimalist and hoping to stay that way despite my poor spending habits.

Like man, I can't wait until this is all done and I can sit around in some place other than my room in chaos. At least the cousins have given me refuge in these hard, hard times...

0 comments: