Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Sunday, August 22

Mountain Biking in Downtown Toronto

It's surprising you know, being able to mountain bike in the heart of downtown Toronto. When I first heard about it, I was doubtful, but turns out it's pretty legit and a super fun ride.



One thing though is that since most of it is alongside cliff's edges (like above), if it's muddy or raining you'll probably die or at least break your spine...or fall into polluted sewage rivers and get AIDS...



For most of the trails it seems that you'll have to get off the beaten path (aka not on the map) to find the good stuff. There's even some north shore features along with other super sketchy man made stuff. Kevin's buddy broke his rib on this sketchy see-saw.



There's even a dirt jump park with a pump track if you look hard enough. I went there and threw down. True story.



The only thing is there's a lot more traffic than I'm used to although it's not a big deal. Also, since the trail runs along downtown there's a lot of places you can break off to and stop for a break. Apparently the Dairy Queen at the top of Pottery Road is a big one and the Loblaws at one of the trail entrances.



It's definitely an awesome weeknight ride that you don't have to go far for.

0 comments: