Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Monday, May 2

Always look on the bright side of life...

I saw that movie Fast Five on Friday (and stood in the longest opening night movie line I ever stood in before...) but it was worth it and you should go see it too. F & F + favorite actor = I will buy the Blu-ray box set when it comes out. I mean the dialog was pretty weak (what would you expect?) but there was just so much action, and I swear they destroyed like 584 cars throughout the movie. It's pretty long though so I wouldn't suggest catching a midnight showtime ever again for this one...

Anyway, aside from that I wanted to bring up the fact that sometimes you just need to cut loose. I'm not talking about getting crunk or slizzard, or buying something you totally can't afford, or doing tons of coke and murdering like 2 hookers, but I mean have some serious fun without having to worry about anything and just reward yourself for being a boss. See Terry Hoitz for reference.

Once you leave the fantasy land that is post-secondary education, shit gets too real. Real job, real responsibilities and real relationships - sometimes you need to just take advantage of whatever freedom you might have and just Nike that shit. Plan something out and look forward to it instead of losing control and letting it slip at the wrong time.

I'm a pretty firm believer in the fact that nobody should keep anything pent up for too long because you might probably snap and go on a murderous rampage. More likely, you'll just act the fool and do something you'll regret and publicly humiliate yourself at a totally inappropriate time in a totally inappropriate situation leading to consequences you won't want to deal with.

I mean this isn't the kind of thing you do every week, but on occasion when you actually need it - just don't go too overboard too often because it becomes less of a reward/need to unwind than you just being some kind of addict (or something like that).




Activities like this also usually warrant a good sized meal for Sunday brunch, which ain't so bad either...

0 comments: