Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Monday, May 9

Out of the freezer and into Lake Ontario. Paddles up...

Looks like dragon boat season is officially underway. I managed to get out on the water twice this weekend for my teams' first on-water practices. Unlike last year I don't think we could have asked for better weather, as it was down right balmy for this time of the year.

Like every first time in the boat, it all starts with the coach insulting your stroke working out the kinks. Consequently, it also leads to huge aches in back muscles you never knew you had and also pains in your rear caused by those two butt bones. It shouldn't even be the case considering how much junk I have in my trunk...




Not sure if I just stepped it down or everyone else just stepped it up this year, but the stroke rate has gotten pretty fast lately. From that time we got embarrassed by the Stratford Women Contrary to popular belief it's not always how fast you can go hit the water but the quality of the stroke...

0 comments: