Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Friday, May 6

Double dragon boat practices this weekend...actual water instead of pool practice FTW!

Like I sort of mentioned yesterday, my lunches this week have been pretty pathetic. I even had soup with melba-toast on Wednesday - it was bullshit.

I didn't have any dinner left-overs all week so I've been trying to not buy expensive lunches as I've been work-clothes shopping every day too. Saving every extra dollar helps when you're on a shopping rampage and buying things like $160 worth of leather belts. And contrary to popular belief I am not made of money.

The reason I'm spending so much on clothes is that a little over a year ago, back when I first turned corporate, I was somehow under the impression that I would be wearing khakis and dress shirts like all the time. So I bought tons of khakis and dress shirts. Turns out I actually hate ironing a lot. I've heard a rumor about this thing called wrinkle-free fabrics but, like ear-muffs, they might just be a myth.

As a result I have a closet full of wrinkled clothes and I just wear golf shirts and dress pants year-round because I haven't updated my work wardrobe since. I guess you look less ridiculous it's easier to get away with a wrinkled golf shirt than a wrinkled dress shirt shirt, plus it's a way more comfortable combo. You also don't need to iron them if you fold them hot out the dryer. Unfortunately, I only bought a hand full of these things at the time so I've just been rotating those LIKE ALL YEAR. Since they just all happen to be variations of black and grey, people probably think that I wear the same thing every day or am just too cool sad all the time.

My actual golf shirts don't qualify as work wear because their shine is probably against some policy and the bright colors don't belong in such a depressing place. So...time for new clothes.

These weak lunches probably means that I'll have to get a burrito tonight anyway...

Anyway, hopefully the NDC @ Sunnyside got their act together repaired/recovered their boats because the entire GTA is probably itching to get their dragon boat season going. A lot of teams get on the water for the first time right about now. I saw some of the pictures from the damages at the TS&CC and it was pretty crazy - looks like all kinds of boats just got tossed around everywhere. I feel sorry for all you suckers who own yachts (not really).

Haven't received any word of cancellations so far so...paddles up!



You know, with all the recent editing I've been doing, I just remembered that none of us has even touched the US or Interior BC ski footage from earlier this year...

0 comments: