Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Saturday, December 19

I would love to hate them...

..But I can't!

There are people in this world that you envy, but not matter how hard you try you cannot hate them. They are the people who are so insanely talented and successful you can't help but be in awe of them. Here is my short list:

Jay-Z



Shawn Corey Carter, as his mother knows him, may have a geeky name but nothing about his success is laughable. He is worth in excess of $150 million, 30 + million records sold, he has several Grammys on his fire place mantel and is married to Beyonce! There is a resume to envy. I cannot hate Jay-Z for the simple fact that he is so obviously gifted in all areas I cannot wait to see what he will do next. The man has written and performed some of the greatest hip-hop tracks of all time and is still coming out with more! Prime example: Empire State of Mind. Easily one of the greatest hip-hop songs of all time. I can't even think of anything insulting to say about the man, and that bothers me.


Dave Grohl



David Eric Grohl. Even his name is cool! Except the Eric part but even that is over shadowed by his hair! I mean, LOOK AT IT! Amazing! Anyway, He has been part of or performed with some of the greatest rock groups of all time, check 'em: Nirvana, Foo Fighters, and Queens of the Stone Age, The Killing Joke, Nine Inch Nails and The Prodigy. You would this he would be happy with that legacy but NO! He has to go out and get together Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) and make the super group; Them Crooked Vultures! When will this guy stop? I dunno. Six feet under? I can bet you any sound he makes with his last breath will be better than any song I could ever write and compose. He plays the drums like he invented them and like my friend Denise says "He can scream with the best rockers in the world or bring it down and make sweet love to your ear drums". Also, if not disgustingly talented already, he is funny and seems like a genuinely nice guy. I would love to hate him but I know if I ever met the man I would fall to pieces like a high school girl meeting Justin Timberlake for the first time. Speak of the devil...

Justin Timberlake



Here is the man that EVERY MAN IN THE WORLD loves to hate or at least tries to. Justin Randall Timberlake deserves the respect of every man on the planet because he is the ultimate male. He is an extremely talented actor, song writer, composer and dancer. He has dated some of the hottest women in the world. He pretty much pisses excellence. People will bring up 'N Sync and to them I say, so? I mean yes, the wardrobe and hair style choices were questionable but they made some genuinely enjoyable music. Even if you want to hold that against him his solo career is more than enough to make up for it. "SexyBack" made me take notice and by the time "Love Stoned" came onto the airwaves I was sold. Who hasn't caught themselves singing the lyrics to "What goes around...Comes Around"? No one, that’s who! I could go on for hours but I think you guys get the point. Basically when this is all over I want Justin and me to get an apartment together, preferably his place because it is nicer than my parent’s basement.

0 comments: