Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Friday, December 25

Merry Christmas!

I woke up this morning at 9am and couldn't go back to sleep, I wasn't pumped for presents, I was too lazy to turn off the alarm clock that was keeping me awake.

When I finally got out of bed and wobbled down the stairs to see our 2 foot tall Christmas tree lit up with all 22 light bulbs, I started to feel that old Christmas feeling. I know I said the Christmas spirit has long since left me, but every year when we open the presents and then my parents inform us we have to go to some relative house that we hate, I can't help but feel all Christmasy inside.

Being forced to do things and see people you don't like is all part of Christmas. Christmas is that one time of year you can't get out of these painful social obligations, but an odd thing happens, no matter how much you don't like the people you are with and no matter how much you just want to spend the day in your underwear, you are having a good time and before you know it memories are being made. It must be the Christmas spirit holding you in its tinselly grasp.

Christmas isn't about the presents you unwrap that came from the fat man at the North Pole. Christmas might actually be the only time you can get a present that absolutely sucks but you and your family can laugh at it and not have it ruin the occasion. Christmas is spending time with your loved ones and making memories that last a life time.

Enjoy the day. Get your re-gifting wrapping paper ready!

0 comments: