Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Monday, February 8

Gakkenflex: because I always wanted a TLR camera and thought making one would be cool...

So I saw this thing for the first time on the always awesome Minjonju Show. Turns out Gakken is a Japanese publishing company founded in 1947, which also produces totally awesome educational toys.

Gakkenflex-000

I impulse shopped once again and bought one off the ebay for $50. Although I knew it was Japanese, coming from Japan and all the instructions were going to be in Japanese I was 100% sure pretty sure that I could assemble this thing using pure Emperor intuition.

Gakkenflex-001

Luckily there are fine people on the internet who have assembled this thing before and feel like helping others out. If it wasn't for this guy I would have had never figured it out it would have probably taken me 10 mins longer to assemble.

Anyway, tonight, as my back hurts like hell and my face overflows with snot, I decided to put this thing together. Here are some pictures from my 1 hour journey towards awesome.

Gakkenflex-002

Don't lose a screw because you'll regret it (btw, I didn't lose a screw).

Gakkenflex-003

Gakkenflex-004

Gakkenflex-005

Gakkenflex-008

Success! You can actually see something in there and the shutter works!

Gakkenflex-007

Time to make it pimp tight with some of the included decals.

Gakkenflex-010

Now I just have to figure out how to load, advance and rewind film in it....then shoot!

0 comments: