Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Wednesday, February 17

An unexpected plot twist: trading in my jeans for dress pants.

Have you ever stared at an email, completely nervous and wondering what the effect of clicking that SEND button would be?

Well that's me recently as I have just submitted my first ever letter of resignation. I've never resigned from any position before and let me tell you, it's not easy. I've lost a shitload of sleep over this and have come up with the conclusion that leaving a job by your own decision is hard. It's not like leaving a summer job, it's genuinely hard. That is unless you actually hate your job but I'm lucky enough to not be one of those people. All I can say is that it is tough. Especially when you've spent the past 2.5 years getting to know and becoming friends with some serious hip cats...and not to mention doing some amazing work and having some fun along the way. Really really tough.

Christmas at work

Is it a good decision or is it a bad decision? I don't know but it seems like the right decision right now. Only time will tell. I don't want to sound like my amazing dad, but I'm young (and handsome) and can make tough choices like this and not have to worry about how I'd be supporting my wife and kids or risk putting them in a difficult position if things don't work out. I can rebound if I need to but I don't want to be the guy who regrets not taking that opportunity when he had the chance.

Will the next few days be awkward? I don't know but I hope not.

Looks like I'll be trading one cube for another and beginning the next chapter in my memoirs.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

dude, where're you gonna be workin now?

Nael El Shawwa said...

Hey, how about giving some credit to one of the guys that left your cube like that :p lol. All the best man, stay in touch. You and your lack of foosball skills will be missed. Autogoal FTW! :p

Scott said...

Heh, as if anyone at your new job will leave a pile of awesomeness like that at your desk...

You'll probably have the same monitor though, so take some solace in that little factoid ;)