Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Wednesday, January 27

It's not me, it's you.

Kids,

When you reach your late twenties you might be surprised to discover you still don't have life quite figured out.

Southern Comfort lift, Blue MountainWhile there doesn't seem to be any shortage of completely awkward situations in life, there is one particular situation that seems to happen a lot more often than others. It's by getting through these awesome ordeals do you begin to realize that awkwardness is a two way street.

The situation in question is the: being out, seeing someone you know, recognizing each other, making eye contact with them, neither of you saying anything, then walking not two feet past each other and then wondering why neither of you said anything.

For example, it happened to me at least twice during the past weekend alone (while completely tearing up the slopes at Blue, btw). While I won't go into great detail, one was a guy and one was a girl - with the guy it was like a 25 yard walk and we passed not 2 feet away from each other. And with the girl, it was walking through the chalet, I'm pretty sure we were looking at each other for a solid 2 seconds straight. How come nobody said anything?

Delicious drink.While I'll admit that I'm completely horrible with names/faces and completely oblivious to obvious situations all most of the time, is it possible that I think I'm better friends/acquaintances with people than I actually am? Or are we both just arrogant jerks? Or are we just too intimidated or too impressed to actually see each other in real life situations? Or are we both just complete chicken shits?

While I will won't lose sleep over things like this, it's nice to know that there are still some mysteries to life or maybe I'm just deficient.

But seriously, if I were a super hero my super power would probably be the ability to turn any situation into an awkward one.

Win!

0 comments: