Hi there, welcome to my blog.

What's this all about? Well, that's a question I'm probably not even qualified to answer. I guess it started off because I had nothing better to do, but turns out that I kind of like it. So when I'm not working for The Man I like to take pictures, make videos and write about whatever else might seem like a good idea at the time.

From dragon boating to mountain biking, to road trips and travels overseas - this is me trying to enjoy life. Clock out at 5, eat, drink and don't forget to smile a lot.

The Time Machine

Disclaimer

This is a personal blog, all opinions expressed are meant to be in good fun - if you are offended by heavy sarcasm and jokes that are in poor taste then this is not for you. If you have any copyright related issues please contact us via messenger pigeon.

 

Sunday, January 31

That talk of powder, its all propaganda. Damn you ski Nazis.

So we carbed up last night on some delicious wood oven pizza and local beer and tried to crash early to get an early 730 start.


After the worst sleep ever (wood fire going out, electric heater not being powerful enough, thermostat incorrectly set (damn you farenheit) and I think I somehow got rashes on my back) we headed out early for our first day of ski action. Had some ghetto breakfast then hopped on the shuttle to Stowe mountain.

To be honest, we didn't get a good look at the place last night because when we got in it was completely dark. When we woke up in the morning we were hoping so see every foot of snow that fell two days earlier, and that everyone was talking about, but we were only greeted with the bitter cold and a pretty rural town. But anyway, we're from Ontario, we're used to this.


But to say it is was just cold would be an understatement. It was about -20 degrees celsius today but intense winds. At least the mountain wasn't busy, and if its not busy today it'll pretty much be abandoned mid week (at least that's what we're hoping). This was also the perfect opportunity to get lost in the woods and become totally exhausted trekking it back to civilization.


But all in all Stowe wasn't half bad. It did, however, have the weirdest layout ever and I think we only actually hit 2/3 mountains. Despite the outrageous price we paid for BBQ lunch, we'll be back to conquer the rest.


Some more fun and games tonight and Jay Peak tomorrow.

0 comments: